10 Natural Remedies for Headaches and Migraines
For years, people have been searching for natural remedies to alleviate headaches and migraine pain. Here are 10 remedies that have worked wonders in relieving headache or migraine symptoms.
1) Peppermint & Lavender Oil: Studies show peppermint and Lavender oil is a potent analgesic with anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the brain which causes pain. It also has antimicrobial properties and has been shown to work up to twenty times better than acetaminophen (Tylenol).
2) Acupuncture: Acupuncture works by stimulating certain pressure points on your skin called meridian points which releases endorphins in your body, chemicals that make you feel happy and relaxed. Although there’s no scientific evidence yet proving it helps, there have been many reports from people who have tried it and we’re so pleased by the results that they swear by it.
3) Ginger: People have been using ginger as an herbal tea for headaches and migraine since ancient times. It is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and natural painkiller properties which all help alleviate headaches.
4) Magnesium: It works by relaxing your blood vessels and reducing inflammation. You can get it in various forms such as through supplements, foods like pumpkin seeds and dark chocolate, or even baths with Epsom salts.
5) Hot Shower: Yes! The pain-relieving power of hot showers is not just a myth! The heat helps reduce blood pressure and also stimulates the production of endorphins to relieve pain.
6) Laughter: Yes, you read that right. A good hearty laugh can help reduce the pain of headaches and migraines. It is also a good stress reliever! Just make sure to not force it if you’re feeling very stressed out because then it might trigger your headache or migraine instead of relieving it.
7) Water: Dehydration is a common cause of headaches and migraines. Drink Water helps your body eliminate toxins that increase blood flow around the brain and can help reduce pain, as well as other symptoms related to dehydration such as fatigue or difficulty concentrating.
8) Yoga: This is an amazing remedy for headaches and migraines! It helps alleviate pain through various poses that stretch out the muscles in your head.
9) Relaxation Techniques: The relaxation response decreases stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline, which are highly linked to headaches and migraines. There are still studies being conducted on whether certain relaxation techniques such as yoga, deep breathing exercises, or meditation can truly help reduce the frequency and intensity of headaches/migraines.
10) Peppermint: It is a well-proven treatment to help relieve symptoms of migraines and tension headaches. You can place peppermint essential oil on your temples or rub it on your neck and shoulders.
Now that you know these natural remedies, try them out and let us know what worked for you!
If you enjoyed our content, we'd really appreciate some "love" with a share or two.
And ... Don't forget to have fun!